My office is committed to fighting for the priorities of the California’s 37th Congressional District:
- Jobs & Economic Recovery– Clearly, this is the most important priority for our nation. We must spur economic development by investing in infrastructure and industry within the United States as well as cutting taxes cuts for the poor and middle class
- Civil Rights– Expand equal rights and opportunity to all communities, especially those who have been historically underserved and underrepresented
- Education– Expand access to quality education for all. Address achievement gaps by ensuring excellent resources for all of our schools from Culver City to Los Angeles
- Environment– Protect clean air, water, and land. Expand park access and resources, specially for parks and waterways in the 37th Congressional District, including the Ballona Creek, the Kenneth Hahn Park, and the LA River
- Health Care– Protect gains made through the Affordable Care Act and expand access to health care for all. Assist with the successful implementation of Covered California.
- Immigration– Support comprehensive immigration reform, protecting the rights of all residents, and supporting access to education and health, especially for youth
- Human Services– Improve the foster care system and protect the social safety net
- Senior Issues– Protect and preserve Social Security and Medicare
- Transportation– Advocate for the American Fast Forward and 30/10 plan to transform transportation infrastructure in Los Angeles with 30 projects in the next ten years
- Small Business– Expand access to capital and procurement opportunities
For more information concerning my work and views on local issues, please contact my LA office. I look forward to your feedback.
More on Local Issues
LOS ANGELES —Last night, Rep. Karen Bass (D-Calif.) hosted a panel called “From Nixon to Trump: Perspectives on Presidential Accountability” to discuss perspective on presidential power and to dissect how presidential accountability impacts the district and the country. Topics ranged from possible Russia collusion with the Trump administration to the work of Ambassador Susan Rice.
Watch the full event below.
Rep. Bass on the President's relationship with Bill O'Reilly.
Rep. Bass on the future of Fox News: