Rep. Bass Hosts Telephone Town Hall Focusing on American Rescue Plan
- At 3:50, Rep. Bass discusses and explains the resources provided by the American Rescue Plan Act which was signed into law on March 10, 2021. The resources mentioned include the $1400 stimulus checks (including eligibility criteria) and the child tax credit.
- At 6:23, Rep. Bass addresses constituent complaints about delays with the United States Postal Service (USPS).
- At 7:20, State Senator Sydney Kamlager discusses what the California State Legislature is doing to address unemployment. Senator Kamlager addresses the EDD, unemployment claims, the legislative referral system, and what the state legislature is doing to improve the EDD.
- At 14:15, Ben Raju, LA Regional District Director of the Small Business Administration (SBA), discusses the services the SBA will provide in the wake of the passing of the American Rescue Plan Act. These benefits include expanded eligibility for the paycheck protection program and the new allocation of funds for loans.
- At 17:40, Rep. Bass and Director Ben Raju discuss loans and PPP for small non-profits. For further questions about SBA services and eligibility, you can contact LADO@SBA.gov.
- At 21:51, Louise McCarthy, CEO of the Community Clinic Association of LA County, talks about vaccines and healthcare. She discusses how the American Rescue Plan impacts vaccine distribution, vaccine eligibility and insurance subsidies.
- At 25:19, Rep. Bass and Louise McCarthy discuss how to sign for a vaccination if you can’t sign up online. If you don’t have internet access or an email, call your healthcare provider for assistance. If you are going to make an appointment online, use the county website (www.publichealth.lacounty.gov).
- At 27:03, Rep. Bass addresses vaccine distribution and encourages eligible individuals to get vaccinated.
- At 30:08, Lori Gay, Executive Director of the Neighborhood Housing Service (NHS), discusses the impact of the American Rescue Plan on housing. The American Rescue Plan helps provide renter and utility assistance, pays for HUD-approved housing counsel, and provides relief for state, local and tribal government. Call NHS or another HUD-approved housing counsel for help with your lenders.
- At 35:26, Rep. Bass begins to answer constituent questions.
- At 35:37, Rep. Bass addresses vaccine efficacy and talks about what to expect in the upcoming future.
- At 36:47, Rep. Bass discusses how Congress will move forward in investigating the insurrection that occurred at the Capital on January 6, 2021.
- At 38:18, Rep. Bass discusses using budget reconciliation to pass the American Rescue Plan Act.
- At 39:50, Senator Kamlager addresses unemployment and tax relief benefits. She says that no extensions have been granted for taxes.
- At 42:30, Ben Raju addresses SBA loan forgiveness for economic injury and disaster loans.
- At 44:32, Louise McCarthy addresses foster parent vaccine eligibility.
- At 45:33, Ben Raju addresses small business PPP eligibility for businesses with less than 20 employees. Ben encourages people to find out what they are eligible for and apply.
- At 47:26, Rep. Bass talks about funding for schools to improve COVID-19 safety.
- At 48: 27, Rep. Bass encourages people to call her office at (323) 965-1422 if you don’t know where to get the vaccine.
- At 48:51, the panel members give their closing thoughts. If you have any questions surrounding state programs, benefits or issues, you can call Senator Kamlager’s office at (310) 641-5410. Ben Raju encourages you to contact your local SBA office. The Los Angeles Regional SBA Office can be reached at (213) 634-3855. Louise McCarthy encourages people to go www.ccalac.org to find a clinic. Lori Gay encourages people to call NHS if they are having trouble with their mortgage or landlord. The NHS office can be reached at (213) 381-2862 or www.nhslacounty.org.
- At 53:07, Rep. Bass concludes the call.
Neighborhood Housing Service: https://nhslacounty.org/
3926 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 200
Los Angeles, CA 90010
Community Clinic Association of LA County: https://ccalac.org/
445 South Figueroa Street Suite 2100
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Phone: (213) 201-6500
Senator Sydney Kamlager-Dove: https://sd30.senate.ca.gov/
Wallis Annenberg Building
700 State Dr., Suite 113
Los Angeles, CA 90037
Phone: (916) 651-4030