Mobile Menu - OpenMobile Menu - Closed

Frequently Asked Questions About Federal Agencies

Some Frequently Asked Questions & Answers

Social Security and Medicare

My office can help you with determining Social Security benefits, as well as Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Medicare eligibility.

Loan Modification

My office can work to provide assistance with your loans, but please keep in mind that Congressmember Bass cannot supersede a bank’s operating practices. To receive help with your loans, call my Los Angeles office at 323-965-1422.

Veterans Benefits

My office can assist you with receiving benefits, eligibility determination, and replacement of medals earned.

» Read more information for veterans.

Internal Revenue Service

My office can help with questions regarding the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) The Internal Revenue Service provides constituents with tax payer assistance for personal, business, non-profit, retirement, and Affordable Care Act questions.  The IRS website can be found here.


We can help you expedite your passport application in an emergency, report lost passports, and monitor overseas travel restrictions.


My office can help with immigration petitions, adjustments of status, naturalization and non-immigrant petitions that have been delayed or lost.

Still have federal agency questions? Visit The U.S. Government's Official Web Portal or contact my Los Angeles office.