If you can't get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, my office may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information you need. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.
Not sure if your issue is a federal one? Visit our list of local federal agencies and find out what they do.
Residents of the 37th Congressional District of California can contact me for assistance in dealing with federal agencies. In order to better serve you, this form will generate a printable page that you should sign and mail to my office. It must contain a handwritten signature.
Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence—such as:
- Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
- VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
- Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
- Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
- Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved;
The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case.
We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request.
Click here to download the Casework Authorization Form for the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
This is a three-step process. Step one is to fill in the form with the required data, then click the “Generate Request for Review” button at the bottom of the page. Once reviewed, print and mail, fax, or hand-deliver the document to our office. The address and fax number are on the generated page.
Please note, if you are applying for assistance with your passport, please be sure to submit your casework form with the below materials:
- Upcoming trip itinerary
- Passport application locator number if you have already applied to renew your passport