Military Academy Nominations
I nominated Midshipwoman Gina Kang to the U.S. Naval Academy in 2011. Learn how you can join the thousands of young men and women training to be officers of competence, character, and compassion.
The 2015 deadline for military academy nomination applications is November 30, 2015.
Thank you for your interest in the U.S. Service Academies. As your 37th District Representative in the U.S. House of Representatives, each year I have the privilege of nominating a limited number of people to four of the five service academies:
- U.S. Air Force Academy
- U.S. Merchant Marine Academy
- U.S. Military Academy (West Point)
- U.S. Naval Academy
The honor of attending a service academy comes with an obligation and commitment to serve in the military for a minimum of five years upon graduation. For more information, please review my page of Frequently Asked Questions for those seeking a Military Academy Nomination.
Best wishes to you as you pursue your goal of attending one of the U.S. Service Academies and serving our country.
To submit a complete nomination packet to my office, be sure you include the following items:
- Complete Nomination Application Form (see below)
- Current photo
- High school transcript
- American College Testing Program (ACT) results and/or College Board Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) results
- Resume of extracurricular activities
- An essay stating why you want to attend a service academy (1-2 pages)
- Minimum of three letters of recommendation
To start your request for a Military Academy Nomination from my office, please complete the form below:
* indicates information that you need to provide.